Wanting something noodly (yes, it is a word. Yes, I coined it myself) and quick resulted in this bowl of black pepper noodles being amped up with some vegetables, some nut butter and a few but aromatic garnishes. I always end up buying more ready to eat noodles than I can make, which worked out great on a day like today! I started with Koka’s Black Pepper noodles, followed the instructions, added my twist and voila! A hearty 5 minute meal for one (and a half).
- Koka Black Pepper Noodles (or any ready to eat ramen of your choice)
- 1″ carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 -2 tbs scallion, diced
- 1 tbs natural peanut butter
Garnishes: 1 tsp coriander, a squirt (or more) of sriracha, a wedge of lime, 1 tbs peanut
- Cook the noodles in 300ml of boiling water along with the mushrooms and carrots. Add half the scallion and the spice mixes given with the noodles.
- 2-3 minutes in, add in the peanut butter and make sure it melts well into the soupy part of the noodle. Adjust water to desired consistency.
- Transfer to a thick noodly bowl – garnish with the coriander, peanuts, sriracha, lime and whatever else you’re in the mood for. If you want some protein, opt for some beansprouts or tofu. Dig in. You can thank me later 🙂