We finally got around to watching Lincoln last night. If you haven’t already seen it, I highly recommend it. Despite being nearly Hindi movie long (150 minutes), the movie itself and the story line unfolded seamlessly, and the make-up is so spectacular, it feels as though Lincoln himself was on screen- definitely deserved that BAFTA.
Before and after the show, to whet your appetite, there is scarcely anything as gratifying on the palate as strawberries and vanilla crème. Ever since SS has bought me thisessential and life changing device for our anniversary, whipping cream has become, quite literally, as easy as pushing a button. No doubt he had a hidden agenda with that gift!
Mini Strawberry Tartlets
- 8-10 store bought tart shells (the thinner the better)
- 1 cup freshly whipped cream
- 8 strawberries, each sliced in 3
- 1 tbs vanilla essence
- 3 tbs + 2 tbs icing/powdered sugar
- Lightly fold in the sugar (3 tbs) and the vanilla into the whipped crème.
- Pipe the crème into the tart shells.
- Add 2 to 3 slices of strawberry to each tart.
- Snow over the tartlets with a sieve and the balance icing sugar. Enjoy!
If you liked this post, you may also like:
- Since the tart shells are thin and crisp, keep them in a cool place and preferable not the fridge, or else they might get soggy. And nobody liked a soggy tart!
- You can combine any other fruit into the tart, or even have strawberry flavoured crème with more fresh strawberries on top.
- Always store any extra tart shells in an airtight container.