There is little in the world half so wonderful as enjoying the Mumbai monsoon, the rain lashing against the grey Arabian Sea, and local chaat wallahs converting themselves into butta wallahs, dishing out mean masala and lemon doused corn on the cob. My serenade to the city’s prettiest season is this wonderfully hearty warming roast carrot salad. Just pop into the oven and watch the rain with a cuppa tea, and let the salad become the season’s smash hit! Adapted from Jamie at home.
Roast Carrot Salad
Caramelised Garlic, Camembert, Basil, Balsamic Glaze
- 4 whole carrots, peeled and sliced lengthways
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 100gm camembert, cut into inch pieces
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- 2 tbs balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 200*C. Place the carrots and the garlic in a shallow baking dish. Season with salt and pepper and cover with the olive oil.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes, or untill the carrots are tender.
- Remove from oven, place the Camembert pieces evenly on top of each carrot and return to over for 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with basil, and season to taste. Jackson pollock over the balsamic glaze. Enjoy warm!
If you liked this post, you may also like:
- Rocket & Pear Salad, with Caramelised Walnuts and Cherry Tomatoes
- Grilled Pear, Honey & Brie Crostini
- Warm Tandoori Salad with Spinach & Goats Cheese
- You can replace the Camembert for any other soft cheese, or any medium cheese which is not too strong of character, as the carrots have a gorgeous delicate flavour once roasted. I suggest brie as a good alternate.
- A similar preparation with beetroots and feta would work wonders too! Try this.
- You can but balsamic glaze easily from any good grocery store, instead of attempting to a DIY.