This post is sliding off my fingers. The recipe speaks for itself, so here it is!
1. 1 tbs vegetable/sunflower oil
2. 1 medium to small onion, finely chopped
3. 2 garlic cloves
4. 100 gms mixed dried mushrooms, soaked in warm water for ½ hour
5. 1 red pepper and 10 baby corns, julienned
6. 2 tbs tom yum paste
7. 1 litre vegetable stock
8. 1 tbs soy sauce
9. zest of 1 ½ limes
10.juice of 1 lime
11. 200 gms Udon Noodles
12.handful of fresh coriander
1. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion until golden.
2. Stir in the garlic, mushrooms, baby corn and red peppers and fry for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add the tom yum paste and cook for a minute, after which add in the stock, soy sauce and the zest. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the noodles to the pan and bring to boil. Cook it al dente. Add some of the coriander (retaning a bit for garnish). Alternatively, if preparing in advance, cook the noodles separately to avoid overcooking and combine at the time of serving.
5. Divide the noodles between the soup bowls equally. Add the lime juice to the broth and season to taste. Add a teasoon of sesame oil at this point if you like.